Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Rainbows and Unicorns

I love this time of year. I know that's not a very popular sentiment regarding the deep, dark winter of January and February, but to me, it's full of anticipation and excitement. The days are getting longer and the promise of spring is right around the corner. I love planning my garden and thinking about what I'm going to plant.

This year is a bit more exciting than previous years as we (continue to) wait to hear about our new house. We keep talking about gardens and orchards and animals. We are dreaming and planning the kind of simple life we've been hoping for for so many years. Things are happening this year, good things, and it's kind of weird! I don't like to get too optimistic or hopeful about things, but this year just feels good so far. In November, I was chosen as a contributing blogger for the soon-to-be-launched City Moms Blog for my newly adopted town (even though we won't technically be IN the city). The littlest dude is flourishing and growing and loving life. And, the biggest dude is in a job he enjoys.


Right now, in this moment, things are good.

This is how I feel right now. Cheese and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment